WG5: Education, Training, Awareness, Cyber Ranges
ECSO aims to enhance capacity-building in the field of cyber security on cyber ranges, skills, education & training, and awareness.
The working group focuses on the following issues:
- Increase education and skills on cybersecurity products and safe use of IT tools in Member States for citizens' individual and professionals, also considering gender inclusiveness.
- Cybersecurity training and exercise ecosystem leveraging upon cyber range environments.
- Awareness-raising and basic hygiene skills.
1. Development of skills and training approaches to satisfy increasing job needs - EHR4CYBER (European Human Resources Network for Cyber):
- Analysis of Gaps in Education & Professional Training and Certification (ECSO paper).
IMPACT: Awareness and coordination
- Pilot for the EHR4CYBER job platform (in regions’ project and in HR corner of SME Hub Platform)
IMPACT: Support job creation, recruitment, and link to local job platforms
- ECSO’s Women4Cyber (created in January 2019 under the patronage of Commissioner Gabriel) – Advisory Council and Foundation now created for donations to support concrete actions for women according to Charter of Objectives (awareness of the issue, visibility of role models, balanced participation in panels, networking, local – international activities, education / training of young women, …)
IMPACT: Enhance role and positions of women in cyber security, gender balance
- Youth4Cyber (under development)
IMPACT: Provide simple rules for cyber hygiene and show attractiveness of a career in cybersecurity for students from 6 to 26
2. Cyber Ranges: Surveys, workshops, and taxonomy & methodology for understanding cyber ranges (incl. in collaboration with EC Pilots)
IMPACT: Support to competence and capability building to raise cyber resilience.
The working group chairs are Anett Madi-Nator from the CYBER SERVICES, Mauro Brignoli from VITROCISET and Paresh Rathod from LAUREA.
The working group is segmented into the following sub-working groups:
- SWG5.1 Cyber range environments and technical exercises - Chairs: CYBER SERVICES, NTNU and SILENSEC
- SWG5.2: Education and professional training - Chairs: SILENSEC, VISIONWARE and RABOBANK
- SWG5.3: Awareness - Chairs: APWG, DETACK and SOGEI
- EHR4CYBER - Chairs: CYBER SERVICES and RABOBANK
ECSO joins ‘No More Ransom’ campaign by Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3)
ECSO is a Supporting Partner for the ‘No More Ransom’ campaign, launched in 2016 by Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3), in cooperation with the National High Tech Crime Unit of the Netherlands’ police, Kaspersky Lab and Intel Security. The campaign aims to assist victims in the recovery of their encrypted files without paying a ransom, provide advice, and raise awareness of the problem of ransomware in the public arena. ‘No More Ransom’ has its own dedicated portal which provides information about the ransomware attacks, as well as decryption tools for infected systems. More information about the campaign and ransomware solutions can be found HERE.