Mission & Objectives
The European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) ASBL is a fully self-financed non-for-profit organisation under the Belgian law, established in June 2016.
ECSO is the private counterpart to the European Commission in implementing the contractual Public-Private Partnership (cPPP) on cybersecurity. We unite a variety of European cybersecurity stakeholders across the EU Member States, the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and H2020 Programme associated countries.
The main goal of ECSO are to:
- Develop European cyber security ecosystem and market supported by a competitive European industry and trusted solutions,
- Support the protection of European Digital Single Market, from cyber threats
- Contribute to the advancement of European digital autonomy.
ECSO is engaged in taking concrete actions to achieve these goals by:
- Collaborating with the European Commission and national public administrations to promote Research and Innovation (R&I) in cyber security;
- Proposing a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) and a Multi annual Road map with its regular updates;
- Fostering market development and investments to facilitate bringing innovation to cyber security market;
- Fostering competitiveness and growth of the cyber security industry in Europe (large companies and SME) as well as end users / operators through innovative cyber security technologies, applications, services, solutions;
- Supporting the widest and best market uptake of innovative cyber security technologies and services for professional and private use;
- Promoting and assisting in the definition and implementation of a European cyber security industrial policy to encourage the use of trusted cyber security solutions as well as ensure privacy and data protection to increase digital autonomy;
- Supporting the development of the entire cyber security and ICT security ecosystem (including education, training, awareness, gender inclusion etc.);